Scripture to Read
Matthew 4:1-11, James 4:7, Ephesians 2, 2 Timothy 2:15
Your Beautiful Purpose by Susie Larson
Questions for Reflection
- Read 2 Timothy 2:15 and 4:2. Discuss with your group ways you, personally, stay prepared and why?
- Read Joshua 1:8. Define meditate. What does mediate on the Word mean to you? What does it look like in your life?? Share with each other some practical ways you meditate on God’s Word daily.
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17. In what ways does “”participating”” benefit the believer?
- What is your main life verse? Why?
- Describe a time when you could no longer keep silent and you battled the enemy.
- What do you think about when you hear the phrase “post up”? Discuss a time when you had to post up against the enemy. What was the outcome?
- Read 1 Peter 5:8. What does Peter tell us to remember? Why is this important? How does this help us post up? (cross reference Proverbs 27:17 and Hebrews 10:25)
- What’s your biggest take away from this episode on Authority? What are some practical ways you can apply this into your daily life?
Memorize & Meditate
Write out Ephesians 2:6.
Meditate on this Truth.
Memorize this Scripture, let it renew your mind and change your heart.
I am a co-heir with Christ because God raised me up and seated me with Christ.
Father God, thank you for sending your one and only Son to die on the cross and bring abundant life to this earth. The gift of knowing you and loving you greatly outweighs everything and anything this world can provide. Open my eyes to see your wonder and love for me. I trust you with my identity. Thank you for loving me so much and for giving me your Holy Spirit. I am a citizen of heaven. Please help me to keep my eyes fixed on you and see through your eyes. I love you so much Jesus!
In Jesus’ name! Amen.