Want the study? —>Psalm 1
Psalm 1 is said to be the preface Psalm in which the rest of the book is based. This Psalm begins with “Blessed” linking it to the Lord’s Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5:3.
Our guest leader, Jen, came armed and ready to lead our group today with powerful insights and practical truths to live out.
Top 5 take always from group today:
(1) The world says walk, stand and then sit- living a life that is comfortable and godless. It’s easy to sit and stay complacent. Our relationship with God is opposite- Sit (with God and read His Word), stand (full of His Spirit and mediate on His truth), then Walk (live a life that reflects the internal transformation of His Spirit within you).
(2) verse 3, implies that the blessed man/woman will bear fruit as a result of his faithfulness to continually seek God… first the root (relationship with God), then the fruit (acts). Most importantly, we are to act in the fruit of the Spirit (character of God). We are dispensers of God’s character toward others. When pushed what comes out of you? Which fruit of the Spirit do you struggle with the most? (Genesis 12:2 God told Abraham that he would bless others, dispense good toward others.)
(3) We are women planted by streams of water. Jesus said He was the living water in John 4:14. The closer we plant ourselves to Jesus, the more abundance and fullness of life we experience: internally and externally.
(4) We study and meet together so we each can grow into the fullness and maturity of God by knowing His Word, living His Word and loving His Word. We will not be like a chaff blown away by the wind because we know what and why we believe. Planted. Rooted. Unshakable.
(5) Three ways God measures success: speak His Word, meditate on His Word and obey. (Joshua 1:8)